Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity To seize everything you ever wanted-One moment Would you capture it or just let it slip?
You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo
I was playing in the beginning, the mood all changed
Feet fail me not cause maybe the only opportunity that I got
Success is my only motherfucking option, failure's not
You can do anything you set your mind to, man
The last 2 lines are probably the most inspiring of the whole list up there. Y'know, sometimes, just like now, i feel really bad, i feel disheartened, i feel as if there is no hope. But this particular song always picks me up and pushes me on.
I've always thought i couldn't make it. In studies that is. I've never scored above average, i'm always scraping through my exams. But today i realised that i have a shot of getting better grades than i used to. It's stressful, because this is probably the first time i'm going for it. What if i study but i still don't get the results i want? What if my tests pull my coursework grade down? Man the thoughts are killing me.
But after listening to this track earlier on, things start becoming clearer. This is my first chance at a possible couple of As, and i ain't gon let it slip. I'm not gon' pull out cos i'm afraid that i can't. But i'm gon' do it cos success is my only motherfucking option, and failure's not. And most importantly, i'm gon' do it cos em made me believe that i can do anything i set my mind to.
I guess we're done playing then. Its the last 2 weeks, i'll just have to endure these 2 weeks, forget about the class and sat crew separation even though i'm really upset over it. It's mind over body now, time to mugggggg!
Oh and em, if i make it through this time, i've got you to thank, again. (: