Monday, April 5, 2010

Things have never been looking good for lets say the past half a year. I probably haven't been in church for at least 5 months. And recently, it somehow occurred to me that i've lost everything. Prayers were done on an inconsistent basis, i always have this empty feeling in me, i was consistently comparing my life with others and being jealous. I felt as if, nothing mattered in this world, i had nothing that everyone else had. I didnt have anything to live for. I was just passing days, and living them just because i had to. I often felt depressed and had just crazy thoughts running through my mind.
Yet for some reason or another, i feel different this night. I wouldn't normally do it, or in fact i'd usually even try to avoid going to Christian sites and all, for some reason or another. But tonight was different. It was as if, i had to click the site that was listed under my favourites, just to see what's there to read. And as i read and started playing songs on my iTunes, the feelings from the past all started flowing back. The times when i lived for God, when i always had this silent conversations with Him. When i always thanked Him for the things that i had, and when i tried to live my life for Him.
Right away i knew today wasn't any other day. And today's encounter with God wasn't just any other prayer. Maybe things will start looking up from today, maybe it wont. But y'know, one thing's for sure. Things are gonna start changing around here.
“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”
- Philippians 4:12-13
-KeNeS|s- Out
|Kenrick| 5:58 AM|